Thursday, February 28, 2008

one year of blogging

Well, as I said yesterday, today marks one year of blogging for me. I can't believe I've been doing this for a year! I thought I would tell you how it all began for me.

About a year ago, I was looking for info on the No-Knead bread and found a beautiful step-by-step pictorial on Kitt's blog. I scrolled through her blog a little and found a photo of her first crocus. We were still in the dead of winter here in Minnesota so that made me smile. And then a few posts further down I found a photo of her standard poodle, Sophie. Well, of course, she had me hooked right there! I left a comment and she responded by asking for my blog address and saying she'd love to see our dogs. I took a look at Blogger and decided I could figure out how to at least show her the dogs. I did this post and then went on to do another and another and, with a little help and lots of encouragement from Kitt, pretty soon I was hooked on blogging! I thought the blog would be a great way to keep in touch with family and to share my gardens, so I shared my new hobby with them. My dad and Mark's dad are my two most faithful readers - they check the blog first thing every morning. I love it!


I spent quite a bit of time being a "lurker" - looking but not leaving comments on other blogs. Thank goodness I moved beyond that stage! It was so fun when more people began coming here and leaving comments for me. I love being a part of this community. I have met so many wonderful people - it makes my family smile, but I think of you all as friends. It would give me great pleasure to meet each of you and sit down for a cuppa and walk through your gardens and see all of your beautiful handcrafts. I feel honored to be a part of this whole experience.


Thanks to all of you for sharing your beautiful blogs - your joys and sorrows - for touching me in ways you'll never know. I treasure each of you. And thanks for coming here from time to time and sharing my little space in Blogland too. I am so looking forward to my second year of blogging!!

17 comments:

Trailhead said...

Happy blogiversary!

Those flowers are a nice treat on a cold February day in Idaho.

Jane O' said...

Happy Anniversary. The pleasure of the blog visit is all mine. I enjoy your posts immensely.

Jean said...

Congratulations on your Blogiversary! I truly enjoy coming to visit. Beautiful pictures!

Connie said...

Kris, Happy, happy Blog anniversary to you!! I have enjoyed meeting you through your blog, and seeing glimpses of your pretty gardens!
My blog anniversary is coming up in April.

Barbara said...

From Switzerland a warm happy blog anniversary too! I'm glad that I've found your blog and always like to visit your garden on the lake!

kate said...

Happy, happy blogaversary!! We started around the same time - that is so cool. I am glad that you decided to start blogging. It is always a treat coming to check out your blog. I suspect we'd have one really long cuppa (or many!). Your photography is always good and I love your writing style.

I am still giggling at your dogs - methodically removing the veggies. L. does the same, going so far as to carefully lick the veggies if there's a hint of butter or oil on them and then spitting them out. The weird thing is that he will eat broccoli - raw or cooked.

I hope that you are able to get Kobie's ear infections under control!

Hug Kate ox

Wicked Gardener said...

Happy Blogaversary! Here's to many more years to come!

Karen said...

Happy anniversary, Kris! It's always so nice to come over here and visit. Your gardens are so lovely and it's always nice to see what new projects you have going on. You summed up very nicely my exact feelings about the blogging community. Such a wonderful group of people!

Katie said...

Kris-

Congratulations on the one year milestone! I think you put it best when you say you love walking through our gardens with us and consider us friends. :0)

Here's to a many good years to blog!

Katie at GardenPunks

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Congratulations! It is fun isn't it?

I started mine in April and it has been a wonderful experience.

Anonymous said...

We're looking forward to your next year of blogging.

Cheryl said...

What a lovely post Kris, thanking people. May I return the thanks to you, you were one of the first people to put me on their blog roll. I had only been blogging for a few months and it opened up a network of new friends. Like you I love every moment.
I always love the sites where animals are part of the family and garden. Your blog is a joy to me and I shall always stay in touch.
lol

Tara said...

Happy bloggiversary!

I laughed at your post b/c I too was a long time lurker before I was brave enough to post comments. And I was so anxious about it all! I enjoyed your photos today, when all I see is white, white and more white!

Sally said...

Happy Blogiversary Kris. I look forward to many more years to come.

Kitt said...

Happy blogiversary! You sure took that ball and ran with it! So glad you did. Here's to another great year of adventures to post about!

Gina said...

Congratulations on your blogiversary Kris! I've really enjoyed 'visiting' you since I began blogging 5 months ago and I'm looking forward to many more years of visits!
So sorry to hear of your friend's passing. Gx

Nan said...

I loved those first pics of the dogs! I can never see enough dogs on blogs. :<) Congrats on your first year. Your blog is a wonderful place for me to visit. It gives me a sense of calm and beauty.